Category Archive : Bollywood News

Sushant’s House Help Dipesh Sawant Files Writ Petition Against NCB Alleging ‘Illegal Arrest’ In Drugs Case; Seeks Rs 10 Lakh Compensation: Report



Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput’s domestic helper Dipesh Sawant who has been accused of procuring drugs for the late actor, has reportedly filed a writ petition against the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB). ALSO READ | Sushant Singh Rajput Death Case: NCB Gets 3 Days Custody Of SSR’s Helper Dipesh Sawant

The petition filed before the Bombay High Court on October 5, seeks Rs 10 lakh in compensation from the NCB for wrongly arresting him in the drug case in connection with the death probe of ‘Dil Bechara’ actor.

Sawant was arrested on September 3 and sent to NCB custody till September 9. He was nabbed along with Showik Chakraborty, brother of Sushant’s girlfriend Rhea, and the late actor’s house manager Samuel Miranda, after the agency contended it had got sufficient evidence against them about their involvement in the drugs case.

After arresting him, the NCB in its official statement had said that On the basis of statements of Dipesh Sawant, house help of late actor Sushant Singh Rajput, and digital evidence collected by NCB, it’s clear that Dipesh is an active member of drug syndicate connected with high society personalities and drug suppliers.

According to the PTI report, Sawant has now filed a petition through advocates Rajendra Rathod and Aamir Koradia, alleging illegal detention by the NCB in the drug case.

ALSO READ | Sushant Singh Rajput Death Case: NCB Says ‘Dipesh Sawant Is An Active Member Of Drug Syndicate Connected With High Society Personalities’

In the petition, Sawant alleged that he was produced before the Magistrate after more than 36 hours of arrest, which is violation of Supreme Court guidelines which states that an accused should be presented before a Magistrate within 24 hours of arrest. The petitioner also said that he was arrested on September 4 at 10 PM while the NCB in their records have stated that the arrest was made at September 5 at 8 AM.

The matter came before the court on Monday, October 19 and was adjourned till November 6. The report quoted the advocates saying that two hearings have happened and the case has been adjourned as the NCB has asked for more time to reply.



Source link

ALTBalaji buys stake in Celebrity Engagement platform Tring


ALTBalaji is an Indian subscription based video on demand platform which is a wholly owned by Ekta Kapoor. ALTBalaji is the Group’s foray into the digital entertainment sphere to create original OTT content. 

The OTT platform has acquired 17 per cent shares in celebrity engagement platform Tring.



Source link

Deepti Naval undergoes angioplasty, says she is ‘absolutely fine now’


Veteran actor Deepti Naval, who underwent an angioplasty at a hospital in Mohali on Monday, said she was discharged from the medical facility on Tuesday and is “perfectly fine now”.

There were reports that the actor suffered a heart attack in Manali but responding to a text message, Naval said, “It was a heart symptom.” “That’s true (about the angioplasty) and I’m perfectly fine now,” Naval said.

Coronary angioplasty is a procedure used to open clogged heart arteries. The 68-year-old actor is in Rohtang since last month.

After actor Sushant Singh Rajput’s death, Deepti had written on social media, “Dark days these . . . So much has been happening – mind has come to a point of stillness . . . or rather numbness. Today I feel like sharing a poem I wrote back in the years when I was fighting depression, anxiety, suicidal thoughts – fighting hard – and like how! Let me find the courage to share these very personal thoughts with you all today.”

Naval spearheaded her career in parallel cinema with films like, her debut with Shyam Benegal, the 1978 film Junoon and went on to feature in Chashme Buddoor, Ankahee, Mirch Masala, Firaaq, Memories of March, Listen Amaya, among others. She most recently starred in Amazon Prime Video’s Made in Heaven.



Source link

IPL 2020: Shah Rukh Khan Launches New Fan Anthem Of KKR



Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan launched the fan anthem of Kolkata Knight Riders On Tuesday (October 20) during a fun-filled virtual chat. The ‘Chennai Express’ actor took to social media to make the announcement about the new fan anthem of KKR. He also thanked rapper Badshah, who composed the catchy and peppy track.

SRK launched the anthem in the presence of KKR players and fans during the virtual session. Several fans cheered for team KKR during the virtual launch event. The KKR Fan anthem, which featured fans along with KKR players and King Khan, brought to life the hysteria and frenzy that is witnessed during the IPL matches.

“The @KKRiders and I are unveiling the most awaited anthem of the season! Our FAN anthem – #Laphao! LIVE! Come join us! An Anthem for, by & of the fans. Because we miss you!! Big thank you to @Its_Badshah for the very unique and catchy track,” the ‘Zero’ star tweeted.

“I have been attending the matches and I truly miss the energy of our toofani fans! Since we have to show our love to each other thoda door se this year, we created a fan anthem that captures the emotions of all our fans aptly and was even launched by them today. It was great fun to interact with the team today and we hope to keep making our fans proud,” Shah Rukh Khan said in a statement.

KKR’s performance in IPL 2020 so far

Kolkata Knight Riders are currently placed at number four in the updated IPL 2020 points table. SRK’s team has won five matches out of nine.

(The story is being updated)



Source link

Until the vaccine comes, dancers have to be especially careful because we work in groups: Rajeev Surti


Home / Bollywood / Until the vaccine comes, dancers have to be especially careful because we work in groups: Rajeev Surti

The choreographer says that a lot of dancers and assistants have gone back to their home towns due to the pandemic and the lockdown and there is no certainty as to when they will be able to come back.

bollywood
Updated: Oct 20, 2020, 16:18 IST

Choreographer Rajeev Surti started his Bollywood journey with the Shah Rukh Khan-starrer Don in 2006 which completes 14 years of release today.
Choreographer Rajeev Surti started his Bollywood journey with the Shah Rukh Khan-starrer Don in 2006 which completes 14 years of release today.

The last few months have been very difficult for everyone owing to the pandemic. But the subsequent lockdown has had the worst effect on daily wage workers. While many have lost their jobs, many have no certainty on where their next meal is going to come from. Amid all this, choreographer Rajeev Surti points out that dancers and choreographers, too, come under the category of daily wage workers and have been struggling for a while now.

 

He says, “The situation has been very bad to be honest. Dancers and assistants in dance industry get daily wages. Their lifestyle expenses are also quite high as they have to always look good, exercise, and wear good clothes etc. So, during lockdown, a lot of dancers went back to their home towns. But now, things are getting better slowly. Shooting has started but not in a full fledged manner. We need to save good dancers because I don’t know how many of them will return for the job. Until the vaccine doesn’t come, they have to take lots of precautions because they are the ones who dance in a groups and next to actors. They also have to remove their masks during the shots.”

Surti has choreographed dances for movies such as Don (2006), Dabangg (2010), Raees (2017), and most recently, Ginny Weds Sunny, among several others. He adds that while everyone is slowly getting back to work, people need to be patient. “Shooting is a group activity, and we all have to be very careful. But if we take all the necessary precautions, the challenges are not too many,” he says.

 

On his experience of working with Yami Gautam and Vikrant Massey for Ginny Weds Sunny, Surti says, “It was an amazing experience. I worked with them for the first time, and they are both very professional and sorted.”



Source link

Kangana Ranaut shares inside pics and video of brother’s haldi ceremony, shares her gorgeous look for the event


Actor Kangana Ranaut’s family in Manali is in the midst of not one but two weddings. On Sunday, she had shared her brother’s pre-wedding ritual video. Now, she has shared the same for her cousin Karan.

Sharing it, she wrote: “After @rangoli_r_chandel wedding more than a decade ago there was no wedding in the family, all thanks to me, but today my brothers Karan and Aksht broke the jinx and our ancestral house is drowned in wedding festivities. Two weddings in three weeks starting with Karan ki Haldi today.” The video shows at least half a dozen women applying haldi on the face, hands and feet of Karan. Kangana is wearing a pretty embroidered salwar kameez.

    

On Sunday, sharing badhai ceremony video of her brother Akshat’s pre-wedding function, she had written in Hindi: “Today (I shall share) a few pictures from Badhai ceremony of my brother Aksht. In Himachal, it is a tradition that the first invite is sent to the maternal uncle, Aksht’s wedding is in November. The invites will now be sent across to everyone. This is called Badhai ceremony.” It was during this ritual that her sister Rangoli was seen wearing one of Kangana’s sarees.

In April this year, sharing a throwback picture from her childhood, she had said that two of her brothers – Akshat and Karan – featuring in the picture with her, would be getting married in November. She had written: “This picture was clicked in January 1998 at my parents house in Mandi, two kids standing beside me are my brothers Aksht and Karan and both r getting married now in November, never saw such excitement in our family, yet I wonder where did we loose all those years #throwback.”

Also read: Kapil Sharma finally responds to Mukesh Khanna’s attack on his show, calling it ‘vulgar’: ‘I prefer to focus on my work’

Kangana has been rather vocal on a number of topics related to the film industry. Earlier this month of October 17, on the orders of a local court, Mumbai Police had registered an FIR against the actor and Rangoli for allegedly promoting enmity between different communities and other charges.

The Bandra Metropolitan Magistrate’s court had ordered the police to investigate a complaint filed by Munawwar Ali Sayyed, a Bollywood casting director and fitness trainer, which referred to Ranaut’s and her sister’s tweets and other statements.

(With PTI inputs)

Follow @htshowbiz on Twitter





Source link

Riteish Deshmukh’s ego was hurt after he was called ‘Genelia’s husband’, this was the response he got when he pointed it out


Riteish Deshmukh has revealed the moment when he was made to acknowledge his actor wife Genelia’s popularity in South. The couple recently appeared on The Kapil Sharma Show where Riteish shared an interesting story.

A promo from the upcoming weekend episode of the show features Riteish sharing his experience of being called ‘Genelia’s husband’ and the reply he got after objecting to the same. He said, “We were playing Celebrity Cricket League in Bengaluru. There was a South team from which two players were whispering ‘Genelia’s husband’. My ego was hurt and I told them, ‘I am Genelia’s husband here, in Maharashtra it’s Riteish’s wife’. You know what he told me, ‘Sir, Riteish’s wife in one state but Genelia’s husband in Kerala, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu…”

 

Riteish and Genelia have been married for eight years and have two sons together: Riaan, 5, and Rahyl, 4. The two had made their Bollywood debut with 2003 film Tujhe Meri Kasam. While Riteish continue to feature in Bollywood films such as Masti, Kyaa Kool Hai Hum and Bluffmaster!, Genelia moved to South and delivered multiple films in Telugu and Tamil. Satyam, film Bommarillu, Happy and Raam are some of her successful Telugu films. She returned to Bollywood several years later and was seen in 2008 film Mere Baap Pehle Aap followed by Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na. The actor has been hardly seen on screen after marriage.

Also read: Riteish Deshmukh, Genelia D’Souza are asked why they took pheras and not an oath at their wedding. Here’s the hilarious answer

On being asked if Genelia would return to acting, Riteish told Hindustan Times last year, “I hope she does a film soon. I actually want to do another Marathi film with her because she knows the language. I will take every opportunity to work with her, and I just hope that it happens soon.”

He added, “We are actually in the process of developing a few scripts. I will not just produce them but would like to act in one or two of them. And I want Genelia to be a part of these films, too.”

Follow @htshowbiz for more





Source link

Is Neha Kakkar Really Getting Married To Rohanpreet Singh? Aditya Narayan Denies Receiving Any Wedding Card! HERE’S THE TRUTH



New Delhi: As soon as the news of Neha Kakkar getting married to Rohanpreet Singh came out, fans have been anticipating to know each and every detail about the wedding. A wedding invite even started doing round on the internet a few days back which has the wedding date and venue mentioned on it. But, is Neha really getting married to Rohanpreet Singh?

ALSO READ| Neha Kakkar-Rohanpreet Singh Wedding Card Goes VIRAL; Lovebirds To Tie The Knot On October 26th

According to a report based on a leading entertainment portal, a friend of Neha seems very confused regarding the singer’s marriage. The close friend was quoted saying by Bollywood Hungama, “Is she really getting married? I haven’t received the so-called wedding invitation. It’s all very strange because she met this guy for the first time when they shot a video together a few weeks ago. Is it possible for someone to meet and marry in a month? Neha is no giddy headed teenager.”

Aditya Narayan, who earlier said that he might not be able to attend the wedding citing his shoulder injury, told the same portal that he has not yet received an invitation for Neha-Rohanpreet’s wedding. He was quoted saying, “I’ve received no wedding invitation for Neha’s wedding. So where is the question of my attending?”

Meanwhile, there has been no confirmation on the supposed wedding rumours both from Neha Kakkar and Rohanpreet Singh’s end as they chose to remain tight-lipped about it.

The wedding card which went viral on social media was shared by one of Neha’s fan pages which has all the details about the much-anticipated wedding. The card has the big day’s date mentioned which is October 26th, 2020 and the venue of the reception menu is in Punjab.

With all the speculations revolving around #NehuDaVyah, we really hope the couple is getting married.

ALSO READ| Aditya Narayan CONFIRMS His Wedding Date, Singer To Get MARRIED To Shweta Agarwal On THIS Date

Stay tuned for more updates!



Source link

Exclusive: ‘Sanju Baba Now Cancer Free,’ Claims Sanjay Dutt’s Close Friend Raj Bansal



New Delhi: In August it was reported that Sanjay Dutt was diagnosed with advanced-stage lung cancer. After this Dutt has been constantly visiting Mumbai’s Leelavati and Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital for treatment. Now according to fresh reports, Sanjay Dutt is completely cancer-free. This information was shared by Raj Bansal who is known in the film distribution circle and is a very close friend of Dutt’s. While talking to ABP News he said that Sanjay Dutt is now completely cured of cancer.

ALSO READ| IPL Vs Bigg Boss: Cricket Wins The TRP Game For Now

“On Monday, Sanjay Dutt had gone to Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital for his PET scan. After the check-up, the doctors told him that he is cancer free. PET scan tests are considered to be the most authentic tests for cancer,” said Bansal while talking to ABP News.

He further added, “Soon after the test, I had a word with Sanjay Dutt. He sounded very happy when he gave me this information.”

When asked what he said during the conversation Bansal replied that “While divulging the information that the doctors gave him he said that he was extremely happy and wants to quickly get back to shooting all his unfinished projects. He also told me that he will begin shooting the film KGF and then proceed with shooting for Shamshera. He will then follow with shooting for Prithiviraj Chauhan and then for the film Bhuj.”

It has to be noted that to confirm this news ABP News had contacted Sanjay Dutt’s wife Manyata, his sister Priya Dutt, Dutt’s team, and Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital but at the time of writing we received no clarification from anyone.



Source link

After 200 films and 5 decades in film industry, Farida Jalal says: ‘I love my film industry, hate what’s going on at this moment’


Actor Farida Jalal is one of the veterans of the Hindi film industry. She had taken part in the talent hunt contest along with Rajesh Khanna in 1965 and has been part of some of the most iconic films such as Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge, Aradhana and Kuch Kuch Hota Hai to name a few. Now, in an interview, she has spoken about a whole range of issues.

Ever since fellow actor Neena Gupta spoke about senior female actors being sidelined by the industry, number of others have spoken about it. Farida also added how male counterparts like Anupam Kher and Paresh Rawal still get to play a variety of roles, while women are forced to play mother roles.

She was quoted in Times of India: “Look at the male counterparts- Anupam Kher, Om Puri and Paresh Rawal. They were cast opposite me. And now look at the fact that they have got to do a villain’s role, comedian’s role, lawyer’s role, doctor’s role. And their body language was so different in all. What haven’t they done? But what about the women? Why aren’t we given those opportunities?”

 

Having said that, she still loves the industry, which has been rocked a number of controversies such as the ongoing drugs issue. She was quoted as saying: “I am in a happy space. I am happy that I have been around for so long. I love my life. I love my film industry. I hate what’s going on at this moment. I don’t want to get there but it hurts deeply because I am in love with my profession. Creative people are much better off in the rest of the world.”

 

Many people think Farida Jalal only in mother and sister roles. But she did a romantic role opposite Rajesh Khanna in Aradhana and did nurse the idea of being a film heroine. Speaking about it, she said: “Before ‘Aaradhna’, I had done Rajshri Productions’ ‘Taqdeer’ (1967). The Rajshri guys are from a different planet. They give you so much respect; everything in that company is something else. Aaradhna was my second film. Auditions un dinno mein hote hi nahi the. There were so many girls vying for the role. But when I finally was happy that I had got the role, let me tell you that I was nervous about romancing on screen. In that romantic song in ‘Aaradhna’ with Rajesh Khanna ji ‘Baago mein bahaar hai’ where I come out as a very coy girl, I wasn’t putting on any act. I was actually feeling very shy. So to answer your question, yes I did nurse that thought. But it didn’t happen.”

Also read: Kapil Sharma finally responds to Mukesh Khanna’s attack on his show, calling it ‘vulgar’: ‘I prefer to focus on my work’

Among one of the more memorable films she has gone is Mammo with Shyam Benegal. She mentioned that the makers had told her that they had Waheeda Rehman on their mind. “I was told by Shyam Benegal ji and Khalid Mohamed (writer of ‘Mammo’) that they had Waheeda Rehman ji in mind for the ‘Mammo’ role.”

Follow @htshowbiz on Twitter





Source link